Welcome to the website of the Law Offices of Rene A. Sotorrio, P.A. Our firm was established in 1984 to aggressively and creatively defend the freedom of our clients at home and abroad.
Rene A. Sotorrio has tried hundreds of criminal cases in over 30 years of practice. He has represented high-profile clients discretely and effectively in over 20 federal, state and international jurisdictions.
Widely recognized in the field of criminal law and one of its most distinguished trial lawyers, Mr. Sotorrio uniquely and successfully represents his clients as discretely as the particular case permits in order to lessen the negative impact of highly publicized investigations and prosecutions.
Unusual among practitioners in high-profile federal criminal cases, state criminal cases or international penal matters, Mr. Sotorrio acts only in the best interests of the client in dealing with the media.
Clients of Mr. Sotorrio’s firm are guaranteed creative and committed, cutting-edge representation, always defending the client’s confidentiality and best interests.
The firm has extensive experience in every aspect of criminal defense both in state and federal criminal law and in the international criminal arena including the following:
- Murder, lesser homicide charges and violent crime
- White collar crime, including tax fraud, securities fraud, internet fraud and other related business crimes
- Money laundering
- Public corruption representing both private citizens and official figures, including government employees, public servants and law enforcement personnel
- Drug and narcotics crimes both for controlled substance violations and pharmaceutical drug fraud and abuse
- Organized crime charges including violations of RICO/racketeering statutes
- Sexual offenses, including internet pornography
- International criminal charges, encompassing the representation of United States citizens and entities investigated or charged overseas and persons or companies under criminal investigations by multiple nations.
The Law Offices of Rene A. Sotorrio, P.A. has its office in Coral Gables(Miami), Florida. The firm, however, has a wide-ranging national and international practice representing clients throughout the United States and other countries.
Unlike other law firms that often delegate sensitive aspects of representation to less accomplished associates, Mr. Sotorrio personally safeguards all of his client’s interests. The firm’s practice, when necessary, engages experts from the most distinguished array of legal and scientific specialists in the world in order to successfully represent its clients.
Mr. Sotorrio has been selected as an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell®, universally recognized as the foremost national and international attorney rating organization and is a member of its Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™. He has also been selected as a member of Best of the Best Lawyers in America.