In addition to featuring extensive experience in local and international law, the Law Offices of Rene A. Sotorrio, P.A. has been built on discretion. We understand the repercussions of being accused of a crime, especially if it is a sex crime. The need for privacy cannot be understated. As in other areas of practice, the firm provides clients with exceptional representation without inviting unwelcome attention to your case.
Sex crimes range from minor misdemeanors to serious felony offenses — the penalties of which can easily sully one's reputation, making life after sentencing unbearable. That is why it is important to have an attorney on your side that understands the law and has experience defending individuals charged with sex crimes.
The Law Offices of Rene A. Sotorrio, P.A. has represented clients in a number of cases involving sex crimes, including:
- Rape — Also referred to as first-degree sexual assault, this includes cases involving statutory, spousal and date rape.
- Prostitution — Charges of prostitution can include solicitation, pandering and the deliberate transfer of funds with intent.
- Sexual assault — This includes any assault that is sexual in nature, such as groping and attempted rape.
- Child pornography — Child porn charges include the possession, purchase, production or distribution of pornography featuring minors.
- Internet pornography — With a few exceptions, laws covering Internet pornography are ill-defined at best and vary wildly depending upon location and jurisdiction. As an international law firm, the Law Offices of Rene A. Sotorrio, P.A. represents clients the world over in cases involving Internet pornography based on local and federal law.